Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did the Watergate break-in even happen?
(06-10-2017, 04:48 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, for Nixon anyway.

But with keeping his bribe hidden as his primary goal, he sort of had to try and cover up the break-in rather than just distance himself from it.

The saddest thing for him is that no one would have probably ever know about his bribe anyway. His suspicions about Hughes or Maheu telling O'Brien were unfounded. There was no need to break into O'Brien's office as there was nothing to find there anyway. He was just acting paranoid and insecure. Unfortunately, that was behavior that he exhibited quite often during his time in office (ex. his "enemies list").

I don't see Trump as being paranoid at this time. It takes a certain fear of consequences for that to occur. He is more of a bull in a china shop.

I think in that last line you left a word out. Rhymes with spit or spitting...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did the Watergate break-in even happen? - xxlt - 06-10-2017, 04:53 PM