Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once more about Climate Change..
(06-12-2017, 08:42 PM)Benton Wrote: I've said before, I don't think global warming is as much of an issue as many make it out to be. I think it's mostly cyclical and humans impact on the earth is as substantial as any non-insect organism totaling 7 billion. I don't think it's a reason to totally move towards renewable energy (I think we need to move towards renewable energy because it makes sense financially).

But I do take issue with something he said toward the end of the video. I've heard others refute the "97 percent of climate scientists" number by saying 'yeah, well, the Democrats only pay the ones that say what they want.'

If that's where the "97 percent" comes from, the money is doled out by Congress. With the exception of four years, Congress has been mostly Republican controlled since the mid-90s, when a big chunk of the climate change fever came about. I wish people would stop making it a partisan issue when — if that's correct (and I can't say it is as I've never looked into who that 97% is) — it's Republicans and Democrats who are funding that misconception.

The 97% is a world total. Climate scientists in Germany and Japan are not "paid by Democrats."

Climate deniers are paid by the Koch brothers, though--and were by Exxon before they decided to come clean.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Once more about Climate Change.. - Dill - 06-13-2017, 02:43 AM