Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017-18 Season, 2 keys, and 1 step up in each phase of the game
(06-07-2017, 09:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Offense:  I believe two keys for the offense this season are Tyler Eifert and Joe Mixon.  If those two can stay healthy and produce, we are immediately better in the red zone, on third down, and less one-dimensional.  The player that needs to step up (and likely to be everybody's choice) is Ced Ogbuehi.  The Bengals have shown complete faith in his ability to man the LT position this year.  

Defense:  I believe the two keys for the defense lie with new player additions Tyler Willis and second-year player Andrew Billings.  If Willis can produce the pass rush I believe he is capable off the edge, the defense will not only be better at getting off the field on third down, but could yield more big plays (sacks, turnovers).  Billings I see as more than a space-eater, but a blocker-eater.  A self-professed "double-team eater", Billings could help the rest of the line have more pass rush opportunities and also help keep the new, speedy LBs clean.  Billings can also help create push in the QBs lap, dropping him further in to pass rush lanes.  The player that needs to step up is Burfict.  He already appears to be in great shape, but if we get "Good Burfict", with no behavioral stupidity, for 16 seasons, the impact of him at his top level is greater than any player on the team.  

Special teams:  Easy:  Elliot in the kicking game, assuming he wins the job, is a huge key for this team.  The other spot I will go for is Erickson. If he can produce as he did last year, and the team keeps 7 WRs, we will be a very good special teams unit.  The player that needs to step up is Kevin Huber.  It seemed as though he had an off year, and he we need him booming 50 yard punts with hang time again.

That's my list...what is yours?

On Offense it is definately Ogbuehi, if he steps up and plays well this Offense could be deadly with the additions of Mixon
and Ross. Eifert needs to stay healthy somewhat, i have kind of given up on the thought of him playing all 16 games but if
he can be healthy late in the year and we are in a good spot in the standings this team has a definate shot.

So, two keys, Og and Mixon.

On Defense Billings and Minter were huge additions. I think these are the exact type of players we needed on this Defense
and letting Peko and Maualuga go were great moves. Been calling for replacing Peko for years, space eaters are not hard to
find contrary to what some say. Billings can stop the run great and rush the passer, he is so strong that if teams don't double
team him he will make them pay. This guy will free up Atkins, Dunlap, Willis, Lawson, Clarke and MJ.

1 step up, BILLINGS! Cool

On Special Teams i think Brandon Wilson, Jordan Evans and Jake Elliott were great grabs, we are so much faster and Darrin
Simmons was looking for the next Justin Tucker, he thinks he found him. We could of won 3 more games last year if our
Kickers didn't choke.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017-18 Season, 2 keys, and 1 step up in each phase of the game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-13-2017, 03:44 PM