Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once more about Climate Change..
(06-12-2017, 09:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't know if climate change is man made or not but I will say this,

What is wrong with doing your part in reducing pollution?

There are many things an individual can do to reduce the amount of pollution they produce.
Buy a car that uses lass gas
Cut your grass after 6:00pm
Recycle
Get solar panels
Get a windmill that produces electricity
Only cook what you will eat...no leftovers
Insulate your home better
Walk, ride your bike, take the bus or carpool to work

So many things you can do plus it will save you money...everyone likes money.

I just wish solar panels were better then more people would have them.

This is pretty close to where I am on it. I think the climate changes on it's own (hence the no more Ice Age right now, or how there were no ice caps during the Dinosaurs) and I don't know how much of an impact humans have on it (or how much it really matters) but I do enjoy having clean air and water.

That's why I wanted the US to pull out of the Paris Accord, but maintain their reduction in emissions/pollution anyway.

- - - - - -
Some of your list is good, but some of it is a bit silly, though.

For instance solar panels. I live in an area with large old trees, and Southern Ohio isn't exactly prime sun catching territory anyway. I would spend $10k or whatever, and then spend all my time cleaning the panels of tree buds, leaves, and snow. Then a tree branch will break off in a storm and break them, no doubt.

Cost aside, very few people live in an area where 1. They are legally allowed to set up a wind turbine, and 2. A wind turbine would actually be useful. Once again, large old trees and stretches of woods everywhere would block all the wind, and it would be extremely costly/probably illegal to put it up high enough what with small craft airports and the like around. Plus they're noisy.

I'm not sure what leftovers has to do with any of it? Besides, if you don't have leftover chili, how are you going to later make chili mac? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Once more about Climate Change.. - TheLeonardLeap - 06-13-2017, 06:31 PM