Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF?
(06-13-2017, 09:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think he wanted a break from Mike Brown more than anything, so I don't know if he'd stick around either way.  I will say that Jay Gruden is the 2011 MVP for talking our "GM" out of Mallet and into Dalton.  Ye gods, did we dodge a bullet there.

Possibly, I don't think we'll ever truly know. Carson did come out and say a couple years ago that he and management "disagreed" over the direction the team should go. I remember reports at the end of 2010 where Carson told Jerome Simpson to get ready to "tear it up" next season. This was before the infamous press conference where Mike extended Marvin Lewis' contract after his second 4 win season in three years. Not even a week later reports came out that Carson demanded a trade... 

But then again, Carson got very cynical in his weekly press conferences throughout that season. Before the thanksgiving game at the Jets, Carson pompously said "this game is on thanksgiving because of the jets, not the Bengals." In another instance, when Carson was asked if he could see himself playing on another team next season, he said "oh yeah" with a smirk. He very well could have been done with Cincy before the midpoint of the season. 

So really, who knows? But as lifelong fans of Mike Brown's Bengals, can any of us truly blame Carson for wanting out?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - McC - 06-12-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - J24 - 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - McC - 06-12-2017, 07:22 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - Pat5775 - 06-13-2017, 09:59 PM