Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF?
(06-13-2017, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Palmer is no HOFer but he managed to win a number of big games in the past few years.  He has a winning record against the Seahawks including winning all 3 games against them in Seattle (at least one of those games was pretty ugly, though).  I had to double-check, but yea the guy is 3-0 in Seattle as a Cardinal during what was (doesn't seem to be anymore) the timeframe where hardly anyone could win there.  That seems big-ish.  Clearly we aren't talking SBs, but that would be like Dalton winning 3 in a row in Pittsburgh.

Also, it wasn't pretty and I'm sure we can look and see a bunch of "shoulda been INTs" but the Cardinals did manage to beat the ultra-golden QB that is Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game too.  Palmer managed to win more big games and more prime-time games when he got away from Marvin Lewis.  I honestly think Dalton will do the same.

But back to the original topic, Palmer has been a starting QB for over a decade and that should be enough to hang his hat upon.  He's no HOF-er, but his late career resurgence and our own inability to stop choking since he left certainly reinforces my "meh factor" for Marvin and Mike.

All great points, Palmer did have an injured finger in the Playoffs in 2015 too so there is another excuse for him in big games.

Don't get me wrong about Carson Palmer either, i am not in the crowd that calls him a quitter. I blame MB and Marv just as much as him for
what happened that Offseason. We don't know what was going on but there is definately not a win no matter what attitude here and that starts from the top down.

Glad it happened now though and completely agree with you in your later post about getting Dalton over Mallett, great job by Jay Gruden.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - McC - 06-12-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - J24 - 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - McC - 06-12-2017, 07:22 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-13-2017, 10:24 PM