Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sessions hearing is riveting!
(06-13-2017, 07:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I was commenting that during my lifetime it seems like some sort of investigation is ongoing affecting both parties. I would be inclined to believe my parents would have similar recollections. My grandparents I'm not sure.

Purely subjective but, I do believe with the advent of 24 hour cable news coverage, the increase of internet news outlets, and social media the political parties and their political advisers are becoming more adept at using the media to their advantage. So I believe we are probably more exposed to the information. But, I'm not sure the political investigations and/or scandals are occurring at an increased rate.

Back in my Army days I learned a phrase, "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations."  I always believed it came from SERE school. Later, I learned the phrase was coined by political consultant, Roger Stone.

I think the 24/7 constant bitching and moaning about the president by the "Other" side started with Bill Clinton. From Hillary's healthcare thing to that "Gate" thing to the dude hiding secrets in his pants thing to Lewinsky, it was constant.

Then it moved to George W. Bush then to Obama now it's Trump.

Before Bill, it was only when there was something the other side could get to stick and cause trouble. Now it's "Throw everything against the wall and if nothing sticks, who cares, it causes trouble for the other side".

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Sessions hearing is riveting! - Nebuchadnezzar - 06-13-2017, 11:32 PM