Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-15-2017, 12:22 PM)Penn Wrote: Two or three times per year something happens that prompts me to see what is being said in this PnR forum.  If this attitude was the prevailing mentality I would contribute more but it isn't.  Those of us in the middle are completely alienated by both sides.  Meanwhile, those who foster the environment of divisive mentality remain the loudest voice so therefore they are heard by more people.

I'm not disagreeing with your post, but I just wanted to say that the world doesn't need to be full of moderates in order for there to be some civility in all of this. I have said before, I'm likely one of the more liberal people on here, but I am not partisan. If a Republican throws up a policy I agree with, I am all for it, and I openly criticize Democrats on a regular basis.

It's just a matter of thinking critically about the information you have and being able to present rational, logical arguments about it when discussing it with people. Being able to respect the opinions of others and discern opinion from fact. These things tend to get lost in a lot of discussions about politics, and this board is definitely no exception.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field - Belsnickel - 06-15-2017, 01:12 PM