Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive
(08-06-2015, 07:57 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If a women went in for a pregnancy test only how did they eliminate her visit from a pregnancy service visit? If a woman had STD screening as part of her standard care during pregnancy how did they separate that visit from pregnancy services? Can anyone tell me the difference between an abortion visit and a pregnancy service visit?

Example: two pregnant women go to Planned Parenthood, one gets an abortion, the other gets STD screening as part of the normal pregnancy work up. The people in the video didn't count STD screening to determine the abortion procedure rate. Using their guidelines the abortion procedure rate for my example would be 100% when it is actually 50%. That is deliberately lying.

I get what you're saying here, because I can understand the desire to place pregnancy tests under pregnancy services. But they didn't hide where they got the numbers from. Their wording could be better, but lying would be saying that 94% of their services were actually abortions. It's all about manipulating the numbers and word choice. Were it an actual lie, organizations like this would open themselves up for defamation/libel suits. They know what they are doing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive - Belsnickel - 08-06-2015, 09:16 AM