Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-15-2017, 01:57 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, some newsguys make erratic calls, that's something to be differentiated a bit. OK, honestly I don't know about your examples, I only recently took interest in your MSM. I had CNN running for quite some time yesterday, I would have been open to seeing questionable sayings, but I did not come across any hint the guy was "on their side", his deeds could be understood somehow, that Trump or the Republican party brought this on themselves or anything among these lines. The condemnation was pure, loud and clear and sure looked non-partisan. 

The "if the shoe was on the other foot" examples are always a bit tricky, hard to disprove, and I can't. There sure is no love lost between MSM and Trump (which doesn't make them Democrats), but Trump brought the negative coverage on himself more often than not. I honestly think CNN is even quite polite to him at times, but be that as it may. MSNBC sure is more biased in parts, like this Chris Matthews person, ok. But to say/imply a Rachel Maddow is the left equivalent to a Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity is a questionable conclusion, and putting blame on her (no fan myself) makes even less sense as blaming talk radio for Oklahoma (which isn't righteous either, don't get me wrong). There is quite a distinct difference between those people.

That murderer was a lunatic and a crazy person, no need to see him as a logical product of the Rachel Maddow show, no need to imply there is indeed a bit blame to spread. That isn't helpful and only politicizes the manner more than it's feasible, and it would best not be used to divide, but to unite. Most of your politicians on both sides seem to follow that recipe. When you say "he was on their side", I think these are words not completely justified and not entirely balanced. Hence, more divisive than necessary or called for.

That's why I put it in quotes.  He was politically on their side. No they won't try to explain it (like some here) they will play it off.  And I willingly admit that if a right winger does this, then the right wing will play it off.  The people that try to pretend it's any different in the way one side acts versus the other when something like this happens are only fooling themselves.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field - michaelsean - 06-15-2017, 02:01 PM