Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-15-2017, 02:40 PM)Dill Wrote: All news sources are to some degree "biased." We don't have any unbiased sources to appeal to, so I value and credit sources according to how well they adhere to journalistic standards, including accuracy, non-partisanship, and logical consistency.

Some US news sources clearly do see themselves as taking a "side" in US politics.
They respond to news events the way that campaign staff do when a candidate is running for office, looking to "put out competing narratives" and the like in an accusatory style. As I mentioned to another poster, one such news source is currently giving voice to those who would stoke anger over the recent shooting and then direct that anger against the other side. 

But all US news sources do not and would not do this.
They are not merely the "reverse" of openly partisan news sources, even if what they report is bad news for your side.

So I am saying two things here: 1) that if we go by journalistic standards, some news sources are certainly better than others. And 2) because some are better than others, it is inaccurate to say all are equally partisan organs simply reversing charges depending upon which side a shooter appears to take.

This makes me unwilling to say that one side is no better than the other.
i never said they were equally partisan, I'm speaking only of partisan news outlets, and for that matter partisan people.  If you don't think the left tries the blame game equally, you are one of those people.  Again I will refer you to Aurora and Giffords.    

“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field - michaelsean - 06-15-2017, 03:21 PM