Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
6'8 Comey receives equivalent to sexual harrassment
(06-15-2017, 08:50 PM)xxlt Wrote: I just got around to reading the article in the OP today. I found it to be well written and entirely valid. But then, I have a lot of close female friends and a lot of close friends who are sex abuse survivors. I would like to think I would have been intelligent enough to appreciate the points the author made were those things not true.

I didn't bother reading the article, but I had already heard this commentary from some people, including survivors of sexual assault. There was a lot of "let's be clear, there is no equivalency to sexual assault and what Comey went through." They just explained that the behavior discussed in the Trump/Comey dynamic, and the questions and commentary from those at the hearing, was very familiar to victims of sexual assault. Since it is more about power and domination than sex, it isn't at all surprising to them.

I'm just repeating their words on this. I didn't watch the testimony and haven't read much on it, so I don't know.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6'8 Comey receives equivalent to sexual harrassment - Belsnickel - 06-16-2017, 08:52 AM