Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-15-2017, 08:01 PM)Dill Wrote: I guess I am "one of those people." I don't hear anything like Hannity, Rush and Levin on "the left" any more than I hear any other politician like Trump at the level of national politics.  And I don't think there is much of a left in the US--certainly not mainstream. 

It is hard to answer you, since you aren't using specific examples. "Aurora and Giffords" are just general mentions. The NYT just put out an editorial infering Palin's website influenced Gifford's shooter, then immediately corrected the error.  Can you identify a reporter or news paper(s) who, in your view, play the blame game equally? E.g. regarding the Aurora shooting?

Also, I should add that when I say I don't think "the Left" is equally blaming, I am offering that as an empirical description. It can be refuted with examples of "leftists" who use the same tactics as the right and to the same degree.

Yes.  Brian Ross came on TV and said there is a member of the TEA Party on facebook with the same name as the Aurora shooter, and showed it.  There were other people with the same name, but he chose that one.  And remember these were not right wing people to begin with.  They were trying to play the blame game anyway.  And it's great the NYT retracted it, but plenty of other places picked it up and ran with it., and why did the NYT run it to begin with?  But I've yet to see you ever acknowledge that the left has issues like this so I'm pretty much beating my head against the wall right now.

And then we have Dylann Roof.  Not a crazy person, but an example of right wing extremism. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field - michaelsean - 06-16-2017, 09:20 AM