Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
6'8 Comey receives equivalent to sexual harrassment
(06-16-2017, 08:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't bother reading the article, but I had already heard this commentary from some people, including survivors of sexual assault. There was a lot of "let's be clear, there is no equivalency to sexual assault and what Comey went through." They just explained that the behavior discussed in the Trump/Comey dynamic, and the questions and commentary from those at the hearing, was very familiar to victims of sexual assault. Since it is more about power and domination than sex, it isn't at all surprising to them.

I'm just repeating their words on this. I didn't watch the testimony and haven't read much on it, so I don't know.

But, to your credit, you aren't mocking Comey or victims of sexual assault. You aren't minimizing the experience of either. You note that you have heard similar commentary from multiple sources, and that it isn't at all surprising to these informed sources. Thus, there is a consistency in messaging from survivors about what you rightly call a power and domination dynamic. Well done. I will leave it to others to contrast your response with the OP and others in the thread.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6'8 Comey receives equivalent to sexual harrassment - xxlt - 06-16-2017, 11:10 AM