Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-16-2017, 12:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: My particular point is people recognizing these jackasses are on both sides.  I think Nugent is an asshat.  Even taking out the violence, I wouldn't want to be preached at about politics at a concert from any side.  Put it in your music if you feel it, but I don't need the lectures when I'm trying to enjoy myself.

I actually take Ted at his word until he gives me reason to believe otherwise.  If he's willing to make an effort to moderate his tone then he should be commended, not attacked for past statements.  It's more than almost anyone else has been willing to do on either side to curb the bullshit.

It seems like there was once a time in this country where people didn't feel the need to push their political beliefs on everyone else in a public, belligerent way.  They believed what they believed and accepted that others did the same.  Obviously there were outliers and examples of public dissent, but by and large you could interact with people without expecting an outburst.  This time has passes apparently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field - samhain - 06-16-2017, 04:30 PM