Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What draft picks would the Texans have to give up for you to approve of trading Gio?
(08-06-2015, 10:34 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The only issue I'd have with trading him for even a 1st rounder is that we aren't in Cincinnati Reds mode right now. We don't need to trade our guys for picks, if anything, we should be trading some of our future picks in an attempt to bring in someone that will make a difference this year.

This team is built to contend for a championship right now, we aren't building for the future. Proven solid players are a hotter commodity for this team than future prospects IMO.

Gio will be on the field more than your usual "just a backup" type of player. Let's not pretend he's going to be riding the bench unless somebody is injured, he's going to be a role player in this offense.

I agree this team is in position to contend now.  I just like the idea of having two first round picks going into next season.  I love what Gio provides, but this team can be successful with Jeremy Hill getting the majority of the load.  He can be spelled by Burkhead who is shifty and can catch passes out of the backfield.

First round picks don't grow on trees.  You can never have too many of them.  If a team was desperate enough to make that trade (1st round pick for a guy who will never be a bell cow), I'd gladly take it.    
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What draft picks would the Texans have to give up for you to approve of trading Gio? - WhoDeyWho - 08-06-2015, 10:44 AM
a - djs7685 - 08-06-2015, 11:44 AM