Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF?
(06-12-2017, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Carson Palmer is currently 14th all-time in passing yards (44,269). Assuming he can get at least 2,000 more yards by the end of his career, he will pass Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testaverde, neither of which is in the HOF. Everyone else above Palmer besides Testaverde and Bledsoe is either in the HOF or not yet eligible (Peyton, Brees, Brady, Eli, Roethlisberger, Rivers).
Carson Palmer is also 14th on the all-time pass TDs list (285). He's only 15 away from John Elway at #10, but Rodgers is at #11 with 297 TDs and at least a few more very good years longer than Palmer. So I don't see Palmer breaking into the top 10 in that category given Roethlisberger, Eli, Rivers, Brady, and Brees are all still active and already in the top 10.

So I guess if you looked at just his numbers compared to everyone else in the history of the league, sure, a SB win could make him HOF-worthy.
But if you look at the era we're in, these gaudy passing yards and TD statistics are becoming more of the norm rather than the extreme exception.
There's a good chance that Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, maybe Joe Flacco, and maybe even Matt Stafford actually put up more yards, and all besides Flacco and Stafford pass Palmer on the total passing TDs list. So in our era, it kind of makes Palmer good-but-not-great.

So does it make sense to put in a QB who could be behind (at least) Brady, Brees, Peyton, Eli, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Rodgers, and Ryan in the same era? I'd at least wait until after all of the above mentioned active QBs finish their careers before considering Palmer for HOF (with or without a ring).

He pretty much is a Bledsoe clone.

Not a HOF.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - McC - 06-12-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - Lawless_1 - 06-16-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - J24 - 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Carson Palmer 1 SB Win from HoF? - McC - 06-12-2017, 07:22 PM