Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What draft picks would the Texans have to give up for you to approve of trading Gio?
(08-06-2015, 10:57 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If Rudi Johnson could get 361 carries and over 1400 yards why can't Hill who is obviously better?  The two back attack when you have a talent like Hill is more a luxury than a necessity.  

Why run Hill into the ground when we don't have to? When you're competing for a title, having a second good RB that year is better than having a future draft pick.

(08-06-2015, 10:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. The Texans aren't going to give up a 1st round draft pick for freaking Gio. Gio may be good, but ultimately we're talking about a backup RB who couldn't stay healthy when he was starting. Heck he got hurt the year before that too. 1st round picks are essentially gold in the NFL. I know we all love Gio, but other teams wouldn't value him that highly.

3. People aren't going to like this, but I'd consider trading Gio at some point. He's a FA in 2017 and there's a good chance he'll go to some team that needs a starter and is willing to pay. I know people get sentimental on here, but it'd be wise to let him go and draft a cheaper replacement. Hill is definitely the RB we need to pay.

1. That's the issue. They wouldn't be willing to give up anything significant for Gio, but Gio is worth more to the Bengals right now than a mid round pick or worse. I don't think Gio = a first round draft pick, but at the same time, I wouldn't trade Gio for a first round draft pick. Some people may not think that makes sense, but at the point the Bengals are currently at, I wouldn't trade Gio even if we got offered more than what he's worth since we wouldn't see the return until the future.

3. I do agree that this could be a good idea, especially if Gio continues to have even reasonable success as a RB2 and guy that catches quite a few passes out of the backfield. If the team knows he's not going to sign for a reasonable rate as a backup, I wouldn't have an issue trading him a year before his contract runs out.

It may sound strange, but I wouldn't trade Gio for a first round pick today, but I'd probably trade him for a 3rd round pick next year. I believe we need to get more out of him in the present time and that he's going to be a vital piece of the offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What draft picks would the Texans have to give up for you to approve of trading Gio? - djs7685 - 08-06-2015, 11:11 AM
a - djs7685 - 08-06-2015, 11:44 AM