Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive
(08-06-2015, 09:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I get what you're saying here, because I can understand the desire to place pregnancy tests under pregnancy services. But they didn't hide where they got the numbers from. Their wording could be better, but lying would be saying that 94% of their services were actually abortions. It's all about manipulating the numbers and word choice. Were it an actual lie, organizations like this would open themselves up for defamation/libel suits. They know what they are doing.

I gotcha now. The key phrase is "pregnancy specific."  If a woman intends to give birth she will receive STD screening among other tests. Since nonpregnant women get STD testing it isn't specific to pregnancy. If a woman intends to have an abortion she doesn't need normal pregnancy testing such as the STD screening. By eliminating the standard tests pregnant mothers who intend to give birth would receive they are measuring just the women who don't intend to give birth. So what they are actually measuring is of the 100% of women who come to get an abortion 94% do and 6% change their mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-06-2015, 12:11 PM