Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best (and worst) fans in the NFL? New study has the answers
Quote:In terms of business concepts, this “Fan Equity” measure is similar to a “revenue premium” measure of brand equity.  It captures the differentials in fan’s willingness to financially support teams of similar quality.  

In terms of business application, the social media metric has several implications both on its own merits and in conjunction with the Fan Equity measure.  For example, the lack of local constraints, means that the Social Equity measure is more of a national level measure.  so while the Fan Equity metric focuses on local box office revenues, the social metric provides insight into how a team’s fandom extends beyond a metro area.

Another way to look at fan quality is to look at how a team draws on the Road.  In the NBA these effects are pronounced.  Lebron or a retiring Kobe coming to town can often lead to sell outs.  At the college level some teams are known to travel very well.  A fan base that travels is almost by definition incredible passionate.

Fan equity would probably be spot on. I know myself find myself shrinking my wallet to the Bengals. judging by so many people saying they'll do the same, this probably is pretty close.

The road equity is another where I am not sure we can say without a doubt they we have more fans spread across more areas (outside metro/local area) than the above teams.

Road equity is also another one I am finding a hard time convincing myself should be higher. Maybe if we had a few Super Bowls....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are the best (and worst) fans in the NFL? New study has the answers - Hoofhearted - 06-21-2017, 03:03 PM