Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says
(06-21-2017, 04:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am utterly shocked. Shocked I say. When I see things like this and then think of all of the underfunded (or outright unfunded) things that could make a positive impact on the people in our country it irritates me to think that our defense budget is so bloated that things happen like this and nothing is really done about it apart from lip service.

I may or may not be doing research on something that would benefit from government funded research, but hasn't received government funding for 20 years.

Them's small potatoes, Bels.  I know you haven't forgotten that HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS went down the toilet in Iraq.

The fascinating irony about that waste is that so much of it was driven by the complaint that government is inefficient, hence the need for privatization, subcontracting, etc. (Remember, one tendency of neoliberalism is to turn back upon the government, regarding it as a new "market" to be acquired.)

I wonder what Afghan soldiers think of the new uniforms. I would not jump to the conclusion this expenditure was all waste based solely on US judgment of what is appropriate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says - Dill - 06-21-2017, 04:26 PM