Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says
(06-21-2017, 04:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Them's small potatoes, Bels.  I know you haven't forgotten that HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS went down the toilet in Iraq.

The fascinating irony about that waste is that so much of it was driven by the complaint that government is inefficient, hence the need for privatization, subcontracting, etc. (Remember, one tendency of neoliberalism is to turn back upon the government, regarding it as a new "market" to be acquired.)

I wonder what Afghan soldiers think of the new uniforms. I would not jump to the conclusion this expenditure was all waste based solely on US judgment of what is appropriate.

Oh, my shock was most definitely facetious. One of the issues with the movement to new public management thanks to neoliberalism is a breakdown in accountability.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says - Belsnickel - 06-21-2017, 05:04 PM