Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says
(06-21-2017, 06:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was there. We wrecked shop. 12 years later we are still didillying around. GTFO. We can teach them to fight. We cant teach them to have nuts.

Such a waste of lives, time, and money.

We need to give up on the nation building. We beat ass. Stick with that. When something comes up that threatens our national defense we should go neutralize the threat. After the quick ass whooping move on and let NATO sort it out.

Nati, I am worried what happens if we leave a broken state broken. Whooping ass is feel good for a few months. Then Al Qaeda or ISIS or whomever have their camps back up and running.

Afghanistan is not an example of failed nation building. Rummy had no interest in nation building and turned the country back over to warlords in '02--recreating the situation which produced the Taliban back in the '90s.

Then at a moment when the country needed military control in the East and South, W pulled out half that coverage for deployment in Iraq.  Welcome back Taliban. You too, Hekmatyar!

I think nation building had a decent chance of working in A-stan. E.g., if ISAF or whomever had built a decent highway  linking Herat, Kandahar, Kabul, Kunduz, Mazar i Sharif, and back to Herat, that would have garnered tremendous support from what the US considered important stake holders. Every tribe would have been behind it. Country and city would have immediately benefited.  We are NATO and it was up to us to sort it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pentagon wasted $28 million on uniforms for Afghan soldiers, report says - Dill - 06-21-2017, 07:51 PM