Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White terrorist kills muslims with car
(06-22-2017, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What a wholly irrelevant piece of pontificating.  You clearly can't discuss issues without injecting partisan opinion which must be why you have trouble discerning reporting from editorializing.
Is your point that Fox News is a bad news source and throws journalistic standards in the dumpster, therefore it's alright if others engage in the same behavior to a lesser degree?  I suppose if you were quoting my pointing out that Fox is a good news source this paragraph would be relevant.  Seeing as I have repeatedly attacked their reporting throughout the years your "point" comes off as rather oddly placed.

I love it when you make thinly veiled insinuations.  I grouse about extremists, which is why I grouse about the left at this point in time and the right for the previous 12-16 years, again all proven by posts I made either here or on the old board.  Face it, you're part of the extremists now.  I get that you're potentially uncomfortable with this fact, hence your need to attack me.  Remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Which part of anything I said was "partisan opinion." Your arguments would be more precise and easier to follow if you could quote or otherwise specify what statements you are referring to. Otherwise you are just throwing around impressions.

You asked what journalism is about. I contrasted the function of journalism in liberal democracies with the function of journalism in illiberal societies.  The point of the contrast is clarity, and a standard to gauge when journalism in liberal societies goes off track.

You ask me to explain my comments about Fox. I did. It's greatest accomplishment has been to convince its audience that "leftist extremism" appears everywhere in a country without an effective left.  From which statement of mine could you infer that if Fox is a bad news source, it's alright for others to engage in their practices? You may have missed the point of the contrast with Russia.

I have missed your attacks on Fox News. I have not missed your attacks on "the far left."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White terrorist kills muslims with car - Dill - 06-23-2017, 01:21 AM