Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual inspections of abortion clinics, pre-empting St. Louis ord. part of proposal
(06-23-2017, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: The way I take some women feel that a group of men trying to make a legal reproductive right illegal or incredibly hard to get is similar to the fictional tale where women are treated as property that have no control over their own bodies.

A stretch? Yes.

However allowing business owners to hire/fire/not hire based on the promiscuity of the applicant seems to be pushing the limits also.  

IMHO it's a shame they had to pass a resolution to STOP that from happening in the first place.

Single woman get's pregnant.  Applies for a job and is turned down because that goes against the beliefs of the owner/boss. Gets govt assistance while looking for a job and is called a welfare queen who is too lazy to work.  Finds a job that pays less and still needs food stamps only to see those cut because the GOP wants to put the pride back in working.
Then they cut Head Start, school lunch programs, education funding, etc...and the cycle starts all over again.

Again, just my humble opinion.

I get that part.  I mean my real belief is that you should be able to hire who you want for whatever reason you want, but I understand that doesn't work in real life.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annual inspections of abortion clinics, pre-empting St. Louis ord. part of proposal - michaelsean - 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM