Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill.
(06-23-2017, 05:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: ??? I don't see where you got that. It seems like they are encouraging them to buy policies that don't include coverage they don't need. I could have misunderstood,but that's what it seemed to me.

What coverage is it that they don't need?

I've never purchased a health insurance policy "ala carte," so to speak, where I was able to pick and choose what was and wasn't in the policy. My experience has been choosing between 1-3 policies and the amount of the deductible.

McConnell is claiming they aren't going to force young people to buy insurance they don't need with subsidies because he hopes the same young people will voluntarily purchase health insurance with tax credits.

If they don't need health insurance it doesn't matter if they get a subsidy or a tax credit, they still don't need health insurance. Until they do.

At least with the mandate they are paying a tax penalty which can be used to lower the cost of the insurance pool. If the don't buy insurance or pay the penalty it won't lower the cost of the pool despite McConnell's claim it will make the pools healthier and cheaper.

His statements reveal a fundamental lack of understanding how this works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans do not want the country to know what is in their health care bill. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-23-2017, 05:52 PM