Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Footballoutsiders on Bengals pass rush
(06-24-2017, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thank you.  When you watched the games, you didn't see much pressure when it was really needed from just the front four.  That was the result of a number of things:

MJ largely ineffective as a pass rusher
Billings injury led to Peko playing 90% of snaps
LBs couldn't cover, leading to easy check downs
Dunlap and Atkins playing nearly every snap wore them down

I am very optimistic that Willis can rotate in at both LDE and RDE, while Lawson will largely be off the right edge.  MJ can stuff the run pretty effectively, but I don't need to see that wide arc that takes him 10 yards upfield with no "pressure" in sight.  The blind side end MUST be a more effective pass rusher.  

I have to throw it in....sorry, but I would love to see "my guy" Fej on a couple safety blitzes.  

Yes, they need to get off the field, on 3rd and medium.  QBs making those check down throws makes for a long, tiring day for the defense, particularly when there aren't enough effective backups to rotate in.  Also, I would add that they need to keep things more "vanilla" on 1st and 2nd down, and just execute well in base.  Showing too much of a defense's package stuff, on 1st and 2nd downs makes it easy for the opposing OL to know what to expect in critical downs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Footballoutsiders on Bengals pass rush - SunsetBengal - 06-24-2017, 10:42 AM