Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Secret Struggle to Retaliate against Putin
(06-24-2017, 08:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: I posted the same story in another thread but I wanted to add this since you started a fresh one.

Trump has had access to the same intel, the world was told about it DURING A debate and every day since then Trump as said it didn't happen, or it might not have been Russia, or some other excuses.

He and his supporters will now try and swing the story away from his complete and utter ignorance and focus on why Obama didn't do more to stop it.

that's the world we live in.

OOPS I guess I missed your post. Anyway, this report deserves its own thread, since it throws up so many connections between partisan politics and weakened national security.

One interesting point made by the article is that some Republicans doubted the intel, assumed it was just an effort to "play" them in Hillary's favor. E.g., Brian Kemp, Secretary of State from George, disputed the intel and is still skeptical that Russia interfered in the election at all.

Obama assumed Hillary would win and so set up mechanisms for retribution to be used when she assumed office. And he did not work more forcefully to convince the electorate of Russia's actions, assuming (probably correctly) that would itself prove as disruptive as the hacking.

Then Trump won and Russia was off the hook. Ever since, we have had a gaping hole in our national security, as our #1 foreign adversary has unprecedented access to the Oval Office. The country is crippled by the counter-narrative that no significant interference with the election occurred, and if it did no one knows if it was really the Russians.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama's Secret Struggle to Retaliate against Putin - Dill - 06-24-2017, 11:48 AM