Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higher Education Act Reauthorization
(08-06-2015, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What exactly are you curious about opinion wise? I read the first two articles. It seems like they want to again try to hold colleges accountable for tuition, and make it easier to apply. I'm missing the sweeping changes they are talking about.

My daughter gets the minimum subsidized loan which I believe is $6500. She is a sophomore. We took out a parent plus loan last year, and went through a bank this year. This year's loan is deferred until she graduates. It may even be in her name with us as cosigners. So I don't know much about all the other things as we don't qualify.

Well, there have been a lot of rumblings about the Federal Student Aid programs being changed. Cutting programs, rearranging them, making them more streamlined, etc. That's what I have paid the most attention to because I deal with all of that a lot. We don't let our Financial Aid group touch the money, so that is my job. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Higher Education Act Reauthorization - Belsnickel - 08-06-2015, 05:44 PM