Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread
(06-06-2017, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On that optimistic note, how old are you Gramps?  

My old man is 84 and we spent a night in Nashville this weekend listening to great music, drinking, and making fun of pitt pen fans (Ok, that was just me).  

I am reminded by the line from Marc Harmon's character in the movie "Summer School".  One of his students says that he is at his sexual peak at 17 years old and it is all downhill after that....Harmon's eyes glaze over and he says:  "yeah, but it is a lovely ride".

Enjoy the ride!
I ain't that old. I'll be 58 a week before training camp starts. I'm still about the same weight as I was at 25, still have most of my hair and can actually pass for 45 most days. 
It's the other stuff people can't see..bad knees, hip, etc.. The ticker stinks and I don't have any teeth that I can't put in a glass at night, but considering all the crap I've put myself through over the years, alcoholism, addiction, lost fights, smoking since I was a teenager and on and on I'm doing ok. I live with a great old gal in a nice big house on the lake in South Carolina and have a nice woodworking shop so even if the Bengals and Reds stink I'm ok.. I have zero vested interest in either club other than hoping they win. If they don't I'll piss and moan for a day then move on.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread - grampahol - 06-26-2017, 11:08 AM