Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Secret Struggle to Retaliate against Putin
(06-26-2017, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And multiple places in the Bible where it says all things are God.  The fact that you don't know these interpretations shows you really didn't ever bother to look.  Even superficially at why Jesus did all of this simply to say yes.  Do you think Jesus would actually advocate that paying tax to a brutal dictator was morally or ethically required?  Remember they aren't talking tax in general, but specific tax to Rome.

Yes, yes I do think Jesus would tell me to pay taxes to a government that I disagreed with if that was the law. Because he did. And others in the bible did too,

(06-26-2017, 04:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Edit:Oh and rest assured, I pay all my taxes. I'm not looking for an out, I just like to look at what the true meaning is, and Jesus never gave instruction one way or the other. He sidestepped a trap and showed them to be blasphemous idolators. (Were you even aware of that?  Did you know what the inscription on the coin said?)

Never doubted you paid them or were using this an excuse not to. You can look at the rest of the message. I'm simply pointing out that Jesus, in his own words, agreed that you should pay the tax.

Perhaps a new thread should be started.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread