Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(06-27-2017, 01:04 AM)Dill Wrote: Lucie, glad to see you are interested in theology and politics. Can you provide a quote in which I called anyone a racist who "doesn't have a love affair with Islam"?  I think SSF would like that too.

That'd be right here.

Quote:Dill

2. Guess I need to remind you that Nazis did not "equate" opponents with racism. They condemned them for criticizing racism. Remember their goal was to slander an entire religion and Semitic race, calling them a threat to Western culture as well as German values.  So I understand your sensitivity to Nazi analogies, even where they are not directly made. You also want to denigrate an entire religion and define its (predominately Semitic) followers as a wholesale threat to "Western values." If denigrating an entire people is what you want to do, then where do you see lack of nuance? Your wholesale denigration is not racist? I have met people who avoid this rather obvious question by presenting themselves as unfairly accused by it. They want to condemn a whole religion without any blowback in world where that always turns out badly. But rather than putting the issue to rest with a clear answer, they choose not to dignify it with an answer. Which doesn't work.

In typical Mark Antony fashion you call your opponents racist while maintaining the thinnest veneer of deniability that you did so.  No one but you and your buddy buy this, at all.  I'm sure you'll have some long, bloviating response as to why I'm wrong.  Thankfully the only people impressed and convinced by your post will be you (maybe?) and your ultra reactionary friends who like to pretend they're not reactionary.  So, please, continue to claim you didn't label your opponents as racist when your own words clearly do so.

I'll leave off with this point, again.  Muslim is not a race.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-27-2017, 01:17 AM