Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(06-27-2017, 01:17 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In typical Mark Antony fashion you call your opponents racist while maintaining the thinnest veneer of deniability that you did so.  No one but you and your buddy buy this, at all.  I'm sure you'll have some long, bloviating response as to why I'm wrong.  Thankfully the only people impressed and convinced by your post will be you (maybe?) and your ultra reactionary friends who like to pretend they're not reactionary.  So, please, continue to claim you didn't label your opponents as racist when your own words clearly do so.

I'll leave off with this point, again.  Muslim is not a race.

So after you complained about an analogy which was not based solely upon race, but upon a pattern of wholesale denigration of groups supposed to threaten the Western values, and which could be grounded in race, ethnicity, OR religion, or any combination of these, you ignored the chance to explain why your views did not fit that pattern. Instead you complained I said the word "Nazi" and that was so unfair and typical and lazy and lacking nuance.

So then came the restatement of my point, and since you were so upset about the N-word, the QUESTION--if your wholesale denigration is not racist like the Nazis, then how so? There I am giving you another chance to explain, to restore the "nuance."

Rather than simply counter-argue that your wholesale denigration was not racist because it was solely based upon religion, or that you are not really denigrating Muslims by calling Islam an ideology that threatens Western Values, you chose none of the above. Rather you positioned yourself quickly as a"victim" and pronounced you'd say no more until you had an apology. Like you were horribly insulted and victimized because you could not get a free pass to insult and victimize Muslims wholesale.

Sounds like you still want to demonize people as threats to "Western Values" based on religion without any one making a structural analogy to other forms of demonizing people as threats to Western values based upon race or ethnicity. Somehow all of that denigration is all ok if it's not about race. And perhaps all this accusation of accusation is to avoid discussion of the pattern.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Dill - 06-27-2017, 04:30 AM