Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com
We're all in the lull of the off-season, so here's an article talking about some behind the scenes stuff about the Bengals - some of it even goes back 30 years plus.   This should help you guys kill a few minutes as you keep searching for new threads on Jungle Noise, and talks very briefly at the end about the Bengals' playoff chances.  It may help you get excited about the Bengals' season if you weren't already.   Has some good historical notes, and gives info to people who may not know about Bengals' history on why they should root for them.

NFL Article - Why you should root for the Bengals this year.

It's kind of a long read, but I don't know if there are pieces that make sense to quote here, cause it's a lot of the author just throwing bits together, but here's a few:

Quote:Interested in rooting for one of the NFL's 32 teams -- but don't know where to start? Adam Rank has you covered with this series, which will present a handy guide to becoming an instantly rabid fan of each organization in the league. Below, find out why you should root for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Quote:And even though the Bengals have never won a title, they are hugely important to the NFL because one-time assistant Bill Walsh came up with the Ohio River offense, best known today as the West Coast offense.

Quote:And then there was Sam Wyche, who did this. (I don't know why he's haunted by this.)
Quote:This dude is fast

The Bengals selected John Ross with the ninth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Questionable according to some, but the dude can fly. Just watch.

Like I said, the author kind of throws a bunch of stuff together, so you're going to have to read the article to get a good idea.  For most of us here, there's not a lot of new info, but it's an interesting read to understand how someone would describe rooting for the Bengals with their history thrown in , when explaining it to somebody who doesn't know much about the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com - masterpanthera_t - 06-27-2017, 12:48 PM