Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White terrorist kills muslims with car
(06-27-2017, 01:18 PM)Benton Wrote: But that's not embedding opinions consciously or otherwise. You try to put as much factual information out there as you can. You can't fit everything into every story and stories get less and less in depth as reader and viewer attention spans shrink. But the trend (both financially motivated and readership pattern motivated) has been to chop the same information up. If you're doing a story on a bank robbery what would have been one story 30 years ago is probably going to be 3 or 4 now as you pull out the robbery, the suspect, the police response.

Yeah, news is much more opinion than "news". It's why news programs spend hours talking about the same thing because everyone feels the need to inject their opinions in the matter rather than focus on facts. Imagine how much news could actually be covered throughout the day if it wasn't so opinion based.

I think it is good to have opinions mixed with news, but it seems pretty over saturated with the constant "I think" and "I feel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White terrorist kills muslims with car - Matt_Crimson - 06-27-2017, 01:59 PM