Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(06-27-2017, 09:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nope, once someone compares me to a Nazi I'm done have a rational discussion with them.  You made the bed, you lie in it.
And once again.   
Muslims no, muslims who either engage in extremist behavior or enable extremist behavior, yes.  It's odd to me that you can't understand the distinction, as I've voiced it several times.
Or perhaps I don't appreciate condescending and arrogant posts from a person whose only argument on this topic is to denigrate his opponent with a comparison to the most hateful regime in human history.  I mean, who would take exception to that?

Like I said, you made the bed, don't complain about all the crumbs in it.

LOL no one having a "rational discussion" turns tail because of a Nazi analogy.
  You cannot extricate your position from a structural analogy between denigrating people based upon religion and denigrating people based upon race, all in the service of Western values. You would if you could, but you cannot. Hence all the Huff, victimhood, and deflection. And somewhere in all that you suppose I "made a bed" I now have to lie in, like it or not.  Wow.

But wait--looks like now you are appealing to a distinction between "Muslims" and "Muslims who engage in extremist behavior." And suddenly, unsurprisingly, you assert that I cannot "understand the distinction," as if my entire criticism of your position had not all along been based upon your erasure of this distinction via wholesale condemnation of Islam:  "As islam has quite adequately demonstrated that they are an ideology whose teaching should quite logically be feared by anyone who cherishes Western democratic and secular values."  So are we to understand ISLAM as the source of "mass rape, murder, torture, enslavement and terrorism" and not just "extremist Muslims"? How would you "voice the distinction" here? There are OK Muslims and you have no problem with them. But their religion is evil. Yet somehow they practice the religion and they are not evil?  Perhaps they are just evil potentiality waiting to break out?  No need to answer if you are "done with rational discussion."

Anyone who reads any of the many threads in which you and I have disagreed will see that you frequently resort to personal invective, often pretending I do not understand points you are making, as you do in the very post quoted here. The invective, plus other unsubstantiable accusations ("liar" " plagiarist") spin discussion away from any issue at hand. You do this to other posters as well (But "only two" others, right? No pattern there.)

Anyone who reads these threads will also see that I do not do resort to personal invective.
  Rather, on most every thread I must spend a post asking you to stop the name calling and return to civil discussion. See post #54 on the "White Terrorist" thread for a recent example. Or look at post #181 and 182 on this thread--and your response. Once again I was asking you to end the personal invective and focus on issues. Is that what you mean by "arrogance" and "condescension"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Dill - 06-27-2017, 10:43 PM