Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com
(06-27-2017, 04:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: One error stands out though.....Bruce Coslet is credited with coming up with the no huddle offense.  Wyche had been using at IU and brought it to Cincy with him.

I knew you would answer this one before I commented... ThumbsUp

One of the items of the no-huddle I loved was the "sugar huddle"....No, the team didn't pass around skittles.  They would actually huddle on plays very close to the LOS.  No substitutions, and if the opponent would start to sub, they would sprint to position and snap the ball to catch them with too many men on the field and a free play. 

If Marv doesn't want to run the no-huddle because he fears wearing out his defense by being back on the field too quickly, then why not teach and execute the sugar?  Do you realize what an advantage the Bengals have with the flexibility of their offense that a defense would have to counter?

For example, The personnel is 2 wide, single TE, with Mixon and Hewitt.  The Bengals can start a drive with a couple pounding runs behind Hewitt and then, go to the sugar...if the team doesn't sub, split Hewitt out with Eifert, Ross, and AJ Green.  Mixon in the backfield alone.  You can pass all day against the base defense.  Don't allow them to sub in to nickel!  

Conversely, you could start with a package of 3 WR, single TE, and single back to force nickel on a team, then pull the TE (Hewitt again?) in to the backfield.  Bring a WR like Core along the LOS to block (perhaps from motion) and smash the opponent with the running game.  You would still have to keep safeties back with Ross and AJ on the field.  

Just a thought.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com - SHRacerX - 06-28-2017, 09:47 AM