Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opioid crisis got worse thanks to Obamacare
(06-28-2017, 09:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What I find funny is that democrats think Medicaid for all is the solution.

That's completely false and I think you knew that when you typed that sentence.

Quote:However it's pretty clear it should just be whitewashed totally.

Why?  Because it isn't as easy for Medicaid patients to get prescription opioids as the article implied?  Every single insurance company has rules concerning prescriptions.  Rules affect every aspect of care.

Quote:If anything this is the case for no government role in healthcare.

Because the government is controlling access to controlled substances?  LOL  Again I don't understand this conservative attitude in which they think Medicaid patients are getting all this "crazy stuff" for free, but when they find out it is safety net they claim we should get rid of it entirely because Medicaid patients don't get all this "crazy stuff" for free.

Quote:The only way you can honestly believe single payer would work is if you believe that Medicaid and the VA are run efficiently/well.

I'm eligible for VA care, but I've never used a VA facility so I can't say how good or bad their care is.  I know if I don't have an informed opinion neither do you.  A lot of non-medical soldiers complained about their healthcare in the Army because they didn't get an MRI for their non-traumatic back pain after the first visit, etc.  But, the military care is on par with civilian care.  In some cases better.  I think I paid like $20 bucks when my daughter was born in 2005.

You should read Matt's thread Sick Around The World.  Plenty of examples of how single payer works well.  You could compare how their health care systems rank compared to the US.  We're #1 in cost, not quality. USA!  USA!  USA!  USA!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opioid crisis got worse thanks to Obamacare - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-28-2017, 11:02 AM