Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the POTUS say he wants less checks and balances?
Or does he just hate the Constitution?

Story is from April but I just came across it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/04/29/trump_on_senate_a_very_rough_system_an_archaic_system_thats_a_bad_thing_for_the_country.html

Quote:Trump On Senate: "A Very Rough System," "An Archaic System" That's "A Bad Thing For The Country"

In an interview with FOX News Channel's Martha MacCallum, President Donald Trump weighed in on governing what he called the "archaic rules" of the Senate. MacCallum interviewed Trump on the final edition of her show, The First 100 Days. Beginning Monday, the name of her show will change to The Story.

"The rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's -- it's really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion," the president said. "They're archaic rules."

Trump warned, "at some point we're going to have to take those rules on."

"And maybe at some point we're going to have to take those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair," Trump told MacCallum.

Quote:MACCALLUM: You were a registered Democrat for a long time. Now Republican president of the United States. And people say, "Well, President Trump's not an ideologue. He is a pragmatist."

How would you describe your political philosophy?

TRUMP: Well, I'm not really an ideologue. I think I'm a person of common sense I think more than anything else.

And I was a Democrat. I came from a place -- you know, I lived in Manhattan. I started in Queen with my parents and then when I started doing little bit better and better deals, I was able to get into Manhattan, I moved into Manhattan. And in Manhattan you -- you know, Republicans are not exactly flourishing. And -- so I started off as a Democrat, like Ronald Reagan was also a Democrat. And over the years, you know, your -- your views just change somewhat.

But I think, more than anything else, I'm a person of common sense. I understand what has to be done. I get things done. I've always been a closer. We don't have a lot of closers in politics, and I understand why. It's a very rough system. It's -- it's an archaic system.

You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House -- but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's -- it's really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion. They're archaic rules.

And maybe at some point we're going to have to take those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, you're really forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules.

So...

Watch the full interview:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Did the POTUS say he wants less checks and balances? - GMDino - 06-28-2017, 10:17 PM