Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the POTUS say he wants less checks and balances?
(06-29-2017, 10:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well the rules aren't Constitutionally involved except that the Senate gets to make its own rules.  I don't have  a problem with someone complaining about the rules, but he has no authority to do anything about them.

(06-29-2017, 01:08 PM)Benton Wrote: He's rambling a bit so I wouldn't comment on what rules are "archaic."

But there are things that need a serious update. As an example, in Kentucky elected or apointed officials are required to take an oath of office where half the language is concerned with the individual having not been in a duel. Not "have you ever cheated on your taxes" or "have you ever murdered anyone." The oath is concerned with having taken part in or sent a challenge for a duel.

I think this falls back on "run it like a business".  Trump probably thought he could just tell people what changes to make and they would do it.  He's never needed votes or heard opposing arguments.  Otherwise we would have never had Trump Steaks or Trump Vodka or Trump University or....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the POTUS say he wants less checks and balances? - GMDino - 06-29-2017, 01:13 PM