Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com
(06-29-2017, 10:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: Everything is eventually gets evened out. After D coordinators saw it more they adjusted. Less sub packages, more versatile personnel, etc. You saw the rise of the Safety/LB hybrid a lot over the last couple years for this very reason. Pace is good, but the issue is pace that doesn't convert wears out your own defense instead of the opponent. I think almost every team in the league has an up tempo series they can run at anytime, but doing it too much isn't advisable....ask Chip Kelly.

Chip tried to run a ridiculous number of plays per game and it had some success in college, but not really in the NFL.  I am speaking more about getting the opponent in a formation like Nickel and then pounding them with a TE, FB, and RB.  Sure, many nickel packages will be able to stop the run, but you get what I am saying.

I just like the creativity of the sugar and tryjng to bait the opponent in to switching personnel and catching them for an easy "too many men" penalty.  The best part of that is the free play, where you can take a deep shot with no fear of an INT.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com - SHRacerX - 06-30-2017, 08:19 AM