Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com
(06-30-2017, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't apologize, as you probably have the correct definition and what I was referring to was just the huddle near the LOS that could have the ball snapped in about 3 seconds from and catch them with too many on the field.

The play I hated the most, and felt like the laughingstock of the league, was when Palmer would hard count and take a knee.  Sometimes, the defense would get back and the Bengals just gave up a down.  It made me want to vomit.  Not only would they throw away the free play bomb, but they would give one the opposite way!  It was like losing twice. 

I was speaking more to letting the play clock run down and just getting the snap off. I get it when your playing ball control and it's late in the game and your running down the clock, but I have seen us doing this on the 1st drive of the game or 2nd half and we end up calling a time out. I'd love to see our offense huddle or just line up and snap the ball with more urgency. Your QB just standing there and letting the defense adjust is a waste of time IMO. One other thing I don't or rather didn't like is, when Hue did that stupid "starwars" formation. Why you having your LT run to the sideline and then run all the back to his spot? It never fooled anyone. 
I think we have the depth at WR to let AJ and whoever else take a break for a play or two if they get winded to go uptempo alot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting article on Bengals on NFL.com - sandwedge - 06-30-2017, 11:51 AM