Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(06-30-2017, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you have Andy above "separated from":

Marcus Mariota
Carson Palmer
Sam Bradford
Jamis Winston
Dak Prescott

Give him a homer rank of 15th. Why do folks get mad when a site rates him late teens? The dude is a mid-tier QB. Too good to replace, not good enough to carry a team.  Folks that say they want to see more from the young QBs were the same folks that were comparing him to Peyton and Brady after 3 years. 

Why do other folks try to act like Dalton definitely can't be 12-14 to anyone other than a "homer"? 

Btw, I'd be curious to know which QB really can "carry a team" on his own. Even if you just want to classify Brady, Rodgers and Brees as that type of QB, there are only 5 QBs like that at most. I guess that means that most QB's would fall under your "mid-tier" classification, so I guess most of the league has a similar problem (you do make it sound like a problem). 

Fwiw, yes I would take Andy over all of those guys. 

Palmer: Dalton has been better than Palmer for 90% of his career, including last year.
Bradford: Lol just stop. 
Winston: I'll take the guy with only 15 INTs in the last 2 years over the guy with 33. Dalton has been better by just about every statistical measure.
Mariota: Again, Dalton has been better by every just about every statistical measure. While getting sacked at a much higher rate and with a run game that doesn't compare to Tennessee's.
Dak Prescott: Is it really unbelievable to you that people aren't buying Dak stock after 1 season behind the best line in football? We all (at least) saw the Bengals/Cowboys game last year, and it was obvious that Dak benefited greatly from having an eternity to throw the ball and also having a run game that clearly carried the team (Zeke led the league in rushing while Dak was 19th in pass yards).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - Shake n Blake - 07-01-2017, 11:43 AM