Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career QB passer rating of active QBs
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

After reading the 20th article about QB rankings this offseason (the most recent was a MMQB article about Carr's new contract), I decided to pull up a simple career QB rating and compare Dalton to active QBs.

He is ranked 9th. Ahead of such "franchise QBs" as Luck, Tannehill, Stafford, Newton, Alex Smith, Flacco, and Eli Manning.

I also found it interesting that he is ahead of elite QBs that have since retired in Favre, Jim Kelly, and Dan Marino. He is also way ahead of Troy Aikman....all in the Hall of Fame.

I understand the QB rating system is somewhat flawed and that QBs can have super high QB ratings with a bunch of 5 yard passes that go for 15 yards (Piggy), and it perhaps over-rewards QB efficiency. Nonetheless, I have always preferred it to the ESPN-genenrated QBR, which takes in to account such things as come-from-behind play and other things.

Coming in to the league the same time as Newton, and a year earlier than Luck and Tannehill, some might be surprised that he has the edge on them. Granted, he can't rush the ball like Newton. He's also ahead of guys that have been in the league much longer like Palmer and Stafford.

I think he is just now reaching what everyone likes to call "elite status". What he did behind that line, with no rushing attack, and many of his weapons depleted was nothing short of outstanding. However, the team went 6-9-1 thanks in large part to a horrible kicking game.

This year, I believe Dalton will raise the interest of the National Media just as he was in 2015 before the injury. Only this time, he will finish the job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Career QB passer rating of active QBs - SHRacerX - 07-04-2017, 09:13 AM