Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump breaks tradition, doesn't recognize LGBT Pride Month
My 18 year old daughter came out to us last year...even though by then I had already known for quite some time. My response to her was "That's cool, I like girls too." Then I gave her 1 piece of advice...I told her if she ever marries, to make sure that she's the partner that wears the tux. She asked me why, and I told her "because the bride's parents are the ones who have to pay for the wedding".

My daughter's school decided it needed an LBGTQ safe space. My daughter said she thought safe spaces were stupid. I asked her if she felt she would use the safe space and she told me that nobody at her school cared that she was gay, so the safe space wasn't necessary. She also told me she didn't need a month to celebrate her sexuality. All her friends and acquaintances know her preference, and it's not an issue.

I am proud of her and love her. I don't care who she wants to sleep with as long as she is happy and healthy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump breaks tradition, doesn't recognize LGBT Pride Month - Beaker - 07-04-2017, 10:19 AM