Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-04-2017, 11:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. I do and it is

2. I have not used the word homer, I just take issue with those that think there is some conspiracy by National media to slight Andy. In the article linked in the OP I could not find anyone ahead of him that would be considered an insult 

3. So we agree that I just didn't but every decent NFL QB ahead of him

4. The latest coaches ranking has Marvin as 17th. I can roll with that.
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816560
Heck I'm even willing to give those that have only been doing it for a year or two credit as being better, are you?

5. I'll take you at your word that you were not proclaiming Andy's excellence 2 years into his career

6. Schuab was very good as a starter, His rating is hurt by some rankings he received as a back up. Tyrod Taylor and Marcus Mariota also have a higher career rating than Andy. Do you happen to have the playoff rankings?

1. Sure.

2. You called 15th a "homer rank" in post #18.

3. I'll amend by saying "almost" all decent QBs. Better?

4. Your posting history in regards to Marvin Lewis says you don't think Marvin is a below average Head Coach.

5. Well you should, because I never claimed "excellence" in year 2 with Andy. I defended him and viewed him as adequate with room to grow back then. Never once made a Peyton or Brady comparison. I intentionally steered clear of those and didn't agree with the numbers comparisons. Different era's and passing rules.

6. Agree on Schaub. Taylor and Mariota don't have the required career attempts (1500) to even show up on Pro Football Reference's rankings. I don't have playoff rankings in front of me, but I can tell you that 2 of the QBs on your list (Carr and Winston) haven't even played in a playoff game, and I know from previous Marvin debates with you, that you believe making the playoffs and being terrible > not making the playoffs at all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - Shake n Blake - 07-04-2017, 12:44 PM