Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-04-2017, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. I've generally agreed with the expert's assessment of Marvin. I'm not sure how much slower I can type that. 

2. Hell Marvin got a passer rating of over 118 out of Carson; that's something, right? Pretty much anything you say can be countered by something else you said in efforts to pump up Andy and dog Marvin.

Not sure where I ever said AJM's passer rating was good 3.( I do appreciate that you compared him to seasoned Big Ben), 4. I just said it was 10 points higher than Andy's. Hell if you want to compare their first playoff games, AJ is 16 points higher. What does that say about Andy? 5. Why the hell wouldn't Kitna's and Palmer's games count while playing with other coaches to show the problem might not have been the coach?......Never mind, I know. 

6. Of all the things that amuse me in this Board; nothing does more so than folks trying to explain/excuse why Andy has absolutely shit the bed in the playoffs. He is 4th of 4 in QBs under Marvin's tenure and he is 15th of 15 in the NFL. Yep, top 10 QB. 

1. The general consensus in the national media is that Marv should've been canned several times over the last 8 years or so. I've never seen you mirror that stance outside of luke-warm interest in a change this offseason. So type slowly all you like, I'm not buying it. Everyone knows you're a big Marv fan, and tbh I think you use Andy as a scapegoat to cover for Marv's failures. 

2. I guess that 1 pass does count for something. Smirk

3. I only brought up Ben to disprove your weather theory, and not to toot my own horn, but it was a good point. Ben wasn't affected. I guess you think experience makes you immune to weather effects?

4. Andy's passer rating is utter shit. McCarron's playoff rating was a slightly less extreme version of utter shit, but it was still utter shit. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove there. I guess you think he's slightly less of a choker? Funny how Dalton and McCarron weren't chokers in college though. I'm not sure Palmer really was either. 

5. I explained in that post. 

6. All 4 QBs were awful. McCarron is tops with a sparkling 68.3 rating in a game where experts claim he "struggled badly". Based on what you've said through this back and forth, you think we've had 4 QBs that were just choke artists. Now to me it just seems more logical to blame the one constant rather than blaming a revolving door of fresh QBs (and other players, as the whole team has choked for 14 years). 

I tried. Agree to disagree as usual I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - Shake n Blake - 07-04-2017, 09:31 PM