Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
CNN goes all in to blackmail Reddit user who made the gif Trump Tweeted.
(07-05-2017, 01:40 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You know what doxing and swatting is, right? And you know it's not some form of justice that only happens to you if you do something wrong, right?

I do know, and someone could be doxxed or swatted without CNN doing a damn thing. People get doxxed and swatted all the time for random stupid things. I've seen it happen from all sides of the spectrum. I don't want to see that sort of thing happening to anyone, but it's a risk you take when you get into those flame wars. This doesn't change my position.

(07-05-2017, 01:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Major media with unending resources threatening someone's livelihood over an anonymous internet post on Reddit does not mean that they deserve to potentially lose their job. This same reporter did the same to Justine Sacco when he was at buzzfeed.

Perfect example is there was once a poster here who mentioned they wanted to have sex with another poster's child. Does that mean his anonymous post on a message board should affect his job status? ...... No it should not ....

If you are too chicken shit to sign your name to something you have said, then don't say it. Simple as that. If it has the potential to cost you your job then maybe you should rethink it. I hear stories all of the time about people losing their jobs or not being hired for things they say online, and I have no sympathy. If you say it, own up to it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN goes all in to blackmail Reddit user who made the gif Trump Tweeted. - Belsnickel - 07-05-2017, 01:49 PM