Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career QB passer rating of active QBs
(07-05-2017, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Andy would leap frog Eli and Flacco without question. He would also most likely surpass Alex Smith in my book. It is my opinion that nobody with the Andy fathead on their wall considers Andy's playoff performance at all. It is other people's fault. 

Well, I don't have an Andy "Fat Head", so maybe that disqualifies me from this argument, but I know Andy has had playoff struggles and I think he has also had a very poor performance in many of those games from the coaches and supporting cast.  

The QB gets the blame and the credit, right?  Ok, but why then does he get no credit for what he has done with the team he took over?  They went to the playoffs twice with Palmer....five times (in a row) with Dalton.  And people think because his team lost in the playoffs that he isn't a good QB?  Like I said earlier...lots of top tier QBs struggled early on in the playoffs.  Some rarely made the playoffs.  Yet, they are revered as some of the best of all time.  

You make it sound like I ignore the postseason.  My point is, shouldn't he get an ounce of credit for getting them there?

The 2013 game against the Chargers wasn't all on Dalton.  The 2014 game against the Colts surely wasn't either. 
That 2015 team was rolling through the NFL before his injury.  Last year's team was decimated by injuries and a complete meltdown in the kicking game.  

If you want to hang your hat on his first two playoff games where he was below average, so be it.  I see the needle pointing up.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Career QB passer rating of active QBs - SHRacerX - 07-05-2017, 08:17 PM