Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career QB passer rating of active QBs
(07-07-2017, 12:29 AM)Whatever Wrote: Andy hasn't performed well in the playoffs.  However, the entire team has played poorly in the playoffs.  

In the San Diego game you reference, Dalton threw for 334 yards and was sacked 3 times.  The D gave up almost 200 yards on the ground.  Speaking of playoff underperformers AJ Green caught 3 passes for 34 yards.  The Bengals leading rusher had 45 yards.  No doubt, Dalton didn't play well.  However, the entire team played poorly.  

The Bengals led that game 10-7 at the half and it could have EASILY been 17-7 at the half, had Gio not fumbled at the SD 3 yard line.  Dalton was forced to throw the ball 51 times, and, yes, he had two costly interceptions in the second half.  I just think the defense, the game plan, the lack of a running game, and that fumble were every bit as responsible for that loss as Dalton.  

He is not without fault, but to single him out in the SD game or the Colts game just isn't responsible.  

He had two poor outings against Houston (his first two in the league, and there were a crap ton of drops in the second one...and don't quote the NFL stats....I still have the game and Gresh dropped at least 5 balls himself, on easy, drive-sustaining plays) and he had two performances that could have won the games.  

His best year, by far, was 2015.  After those first four years, and a huge number of folks pointing the finger at him, he goes out and has an elite QB type of season (before the injury).  He threw for 4200 yards and only 7 INTs with only a couple games that had AJ and Eifert together, no running game, a porous offensive line, a rookie OC, and a banged up TE squad.  

Perhaps that is one of the reasons I am so firmly in his camp....he never folds.  He comes back better each year.  How many other players can say that?  Maybe AJ.  While a lot of his defensive leaders struggled with weight.  Some of his offensive leaders lost their mojo (Hill).  A lot of his teammates dealt with injurires.   But he just keeps coming back, despite what I would call a horribly unfair lack of support.  He never complains.  He just goes out and does better than the year before.

This is his year.  This is the Bengal's year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Career QB passer rating of active QBs - SHRacerX - 07-07-2017, 08:47 AM